Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Fighting the good fight.

Still spreading the word, still working on every possible way we can in which to get Peanut out of this situation. It's not just about money, the burden will be very hard to deal with but this is a life we are talking about, a life is not disposable.

My biggest problem with Peanut having to go to quarantine will be her being confined for 6 months in a small 3X8 run if we are able to get that space (other people might reserve it and in that case she'd be in a little kennel). You can't lock a dog up like that and not expect to do damage to them. It's not right, actually it's just cruel.

The last thing that is destroying me is I still do not know if I will be allowed physical contact with her. Orange County gets to make the call on that. They can say no contact which means I can't pet her, hug her or have any contact other than talking to her. Do you know how frustrating that is for a dog and a human? I'm still bonding with her and I won't be able to touch her. She's not going to understand why I'm just standing there.

There is a slight chance they will allow contact but I will have to get a rabies vaccination which will cost another $800.

I'm feeling as low as I can right now. I miss her and feel awful everyday that I have no control over what is happening.

I really need people to sign the petition. We are so very close to breaking 400.

We also have a Facebook for her that you could like and a twitter account I use for little updates.

The last thing, which I hate to ask, but we do need help paying for quarantine. I know it's a lot to request but doing this is going to be very tough for my family. Even the smallest donation will help.

Thank you all for your time, effort, and donations. I'm sure if Peanut could, she would thank you too.

3 comments:

  1. Why is the cost of her rabies vaccination so high? Omg are they price gouging?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the cost of a human rabies vaccine, they are incredibly expensive in the US, and difficult to find because it's such a rare vaccine for people to get.

      Delete
  2. You need to check on laws and precedence. It sounds fishy. I would also take it to the media.

    ReplyDelete