Pages

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving.

I've been very stressed the last few, well since this whole thing started. It's been non-stop stress. We got final word from Bob the director over at Animal Services and he's done trying to contact Peanut's previous owner. If we can not put Peanut into quarantine animal services will destroy her.

I don't want to talk about that right now because today is Thanksgiving. I want to first say I'm so very thankful she's still alive.

I'm also very thankful for all the people who have signed the petition and spread the word about it. Thank you so much. As of writing this we are on the verge of 400 signatures.

I want to thank the people who have donated to help Peanut. Elizabeth Owens, Jody Morse, Kristen Hanley, Dave Perrin, Kin Gonyer, Mike Morse, Emily and Lewis Hovenanian. Thank you all so much. A few people wanted to be anonymous but I wanted to thank you as well, you know who you are. I don't think you will ever realize what your kindness has done. Thank You.

I'm thankful for the community around me, I'm thankful for all the people who spend all their free time rescuing animals and fostering them. This is not an easy thing to do and you can only do this if you truly love animals and have a huge heart. I'm thankful for the amazing vets and vet techs who have to work as hard to obtain their education as doctors yet make far less money and don't get the respect they deserve.

I'm also thankful for Josh who has really helped me every step of the way.

Last, I'm thankful for this happening. Not the part where Peanut's life is in danger and her being incarcerated like this but for having this amazing dog come into my world and showing me I still have it in me to fight for something outside of myself. Thank you Peanut, I love you very much.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Please give your fur babies extra hugs and kisses for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment